A recent report on the costs to society suggests that between $568 billion to $793 billion is spent per year in North America
on environmentally-caused disease. One reason for this major impact of environment on health is the magnitude of exposure we all have to toxic substances. We are exposed to environmental toxins through the air we breathe, the food we eat, and the water we drink, as well as through our skin.
Here are some common symptoms and conditions associated with toxicity:
– Difficulty Losing Weight – Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
– Fibromyalgia – Frequent Headaches
– Insomnia – Hot Flashes
– Memory Loss – Chemical Sensitivities
– Joint pain and swelling – Low thyroid function
Just to name a FEW!
Let me focus on difficulty losing weight for a minute. Guess where your body stores toxins……. In FAT cells. If you are taking in more toxins than your body can safely eliminate through your kidney, colon and liver, your body WILL CREATE FAT CELLS to store those toxins safely away. So, if you are overweight, you will have a higher toxicity, and if you want to lose weight, it’s harder with toxicity in your body because your body will stay bloated and swollen to protect you from those toxins. The reason for this is….
DILUTION IS THE SOLUTION TO POLUTION!!!
This means your body stays swollen and holds onto fat to protect you, and it also means you NEED to drink water to dilute
the water soluble toxins from your body, so your body doesn’t make fat cells against them.
Need I say more. If you want to lost weight, detoxification is the easiest way to get started, and start moving you toward your goal with a
So how do you detox???
1) Remove artificial ingredients from your diet as much as possible. Removing artificial sweeteners, artificial coloring, high fructose corn syrup, MSG/Nitrates and hydrogenated oils is step one. Stop putting toxins in your mouth and your body will stop creating fat
cells to protect you from them.
2) Dilute the pollution! Drink enough water (not artificially colored, artificially sweetened and caffeinated water) to help
your body eliminate water soluble toxins. Ideally half your body weight in ounces, and adding fresh lemon juice helps detoxify naturally.
3) Eat detoxifying foods such as:
- Lemon Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
4) Do a medical detox. This is not a colon, liver or kidney cleanse. It helps your own body detoxify and alkalize your acidic inflamed system. I personally have used and recommended Metagenics Ultra Clear Plus PH for 10 years.
It is a medical food, which means it has been tested in clinical trials,follows FDA standards and actually does what it says it does. It can only be purchased through licensed health care providers because it is a medical food. For more information go to www.metagenics.com to find a provider near you.
So, if you’re tired of being tired, have diffuculty losing weight, or just want to start off with a clean slate, these detoxification tips are for you!