- 1.5 Cups
- Difficulty Level Beginner
A Mediterranean staple, hummus works for any occasion. This is a super easy version made with purchased hummus.
This makes a beautiful and healthy appetizer for holiday parties because of it’s festive colors. I serve this at my holiday parties and it’s amazing how gourmet and delicious this dip is, and takes literally 5 minutes to prep.
For those olive lovers out there, feel free to add a can of chopped olives to the hummus and mix in before topping with the fresh vegetables.
If you prefer to make your own hummus, look up the recipe in the appetizer section for a delicious lemony version.
If you’re making these gluten free, you can buy the corn chips that are shaped like scoops and individually fill these with hummus and topping for bite size pieces.
- 1 package of pre-made roasted garlic hummus
- 3 Tbsp. of fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, chopped, green part only
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 red or green pepper, diced.
- 1 bag of whole grain pita chips (Use corn chips for a gluten free option)
- 1. Place the hummus in a bowl.
- 2. Mix diced tomatoes, cilantro, green onion and pepper in a bowl and pour over the top.
- 3. Serve with whole grain pita chips or corn chips for a gluten free version.